Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Does anyone know how to keep sunscreen from effecting nail polish/acrylic nails?

Everytime I use sunscreen/tanning lotion the polish on my nails gets sticky and discolors. I will be out this weekend and using sunscreen, I just got my nails done Tuesday and will not go back for another week or so and do not want them looking gross in between.Does anyone know how to keep sunscreen from effecting nail polish/acrylic nails?
They do have polish that protects your nails from the sun. Make sure you get the tanning lotion off your hands right after applying it. That way it won't set into your nails and make them discoloured.Does anyone know how to keep sunscreen from effecting nail polish/acrylic nails?
I learned the hard way that the chemical(s) would turn the color. Yeah, your best bet would be either to wear gloves the next time you put some on, or you could have someone else put it on you.
Hi dear,





I would suggest that every time you use sunscreen lotion, to put on that rubber gloves the doctors use when they operate on someone - that thin elastic type gloves, then your nails will be save and sound. That's the only answer I have to your question, go to your local chemist, they should keep them in stock. Good luck and keep the good nails looking great, it cost a lot of money to get them that way.


Jenny


South Africa
my best friend has the same problem, this sounds gross but she gets some oil, corn oil from the kithcen, and rubs it all over her hands, forming a kinda waterproof coat, then she uses her sunscreen, and immediately washes her hands with ';grease fighting'; soap...like dawn or whatever other brands...

No comments:

Post a Comment