Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Acrylic nails on very small nail beds?

I love getting my nails done at the salon (acrylics) but they come off very quickly, within the first or rarely the second week . . Is there something I can do to fix this? Or an alternative to the acrylics (besides growing them out). The problem is not that I bite my nails, the problem is that my nail beds are very short and small, therefore the acrylic nails peel off and always look stubby.Acrylic nails on very small nail beds?
Its not that your nails are too short and small, its most likely the technician, the products and or the application of the acrylic that is causing this problem. If you are going to a discount salon, don't. Go somewhere that knows how to do nails, and uses high quality products. It will cost you more, but it will be so worth it.Acrylic nails on very small nail beds?
I've also got small nail beds and thin nails, but my acrylic nails usually stay on into the third week. You might want to try another nail salon and see if that makes a difference because your nails shouldn't be coming off the first week. I've noticed that the nails seem to come off more quickly if they are too thick, so they really need to be filed thin once they're on. You also might try wearing rubber gloves when you do dishes to keep your nails from prolonged exposure to water. Acrylic nails really do make a huge difference to the look of your hands if you have small nail beds.
maybe you should try a different nail salon and see how that works out for you because they might be using cheap material.....


When I get my nails done they last AT LEAST a month, it seems very weird that yours last about a week or two...try going to a different salon, and if it doesn't work, try putting an extra layer of clear nail polish to secure everything...if you can, try putting on extra layers about once every 3 days or so.
  • ireland
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment