Thursday, February 11, 2010

Why does nail polish chip if painted on natural nails but don't on acrylic nails?

I have wore acrylic nails for 10 years and always kept them polished and they were fine for 2 weeks or more. I recently got a fungus on all my nails and they broke off really short. I have treated them for months now and they are now growing on their own and look really nice. I am not going to put acrylics back on but I am having problems with nail polish staying on for even two days without it chipping? I use base coat and top coat? What could be the problem? Thanks.Why does nail polish chip if painted on natural nails but don't on acrylic nails?
Because you have natural oils that come through the surface of your nails, you can't stop it. sorry. Try using a basecoat before the polish it may help for a few more days.Why does nail polish chip if painted on natural nails but don't on acrylic nails?
Apply the base coat first and let it dry thoroughly. Then apply a very thin layer of polish and let it dry. Next put another very thin layer of color and let it dry. Spray your nails with the instant nail polish dry stuff. Put clear polish over everything. Apply another layer of clear polish every day until you change colors.
I've never had any luck with polish staying on...either on acrylic or my natural nails. I would suggest asking the nail salon what brand of polish and top coat they used on your acrylic nails. Maybe the polish they used was a better quality.
  • ireland
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment